Joan Shawl Kits by Florence Spurling (Pre-Order)
This product is sold out
A creative collaboration with Kokon Yarn, Joan is inspired by a visit to the Joan of Arc Museum in Rouen, France. It uses six tones of fingering weight yarn and numerous slip-stitch patterns to create an engaging colour- and pattern- filled accessory. The hybrid shawl / scarf shape is constructed in four parts: a central piece, the left and right tips, and a border, to reflect the multidirectional lines and structures within armour.
KOKON Fingering Weight Merino 100% Merino wool
320m / 349yds per 100g / 3.5oz skein
Colours 1-6 (C1-C6)
C1 – 258m / 283yds of “Sea”
C2 – 320m / 349yds of “Dew”
C3 – 187m / 205yds of “Cress” C4 – 237m / 260yds of “Ice”
C5 – 237m / 260yds of “Copper”
C6 – 198m / 217yds of “Smoke”
Note: There is a 10% buffer added to the above amounts to account for differences in gauge.
Tools & Materials
• 3.5mm / US 4, 81cm / 32” circular needle
• 3.5mm / US 4, 152cm / 60” circular needle
• Stitch markers to help track pattern repeats
• Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
• Shawl is worked in 4 pieces: the Central Piece, Right and Left Tips and a Border.
• After completing the Central piece, the side lengths are picked up one at a time and worked outward from the middle with decreases made along one edge to create a shaped tip. Once the Left Tip is completed, stitches are picked up along the long angled edge and the Border is knitted on.
Kit will ship mid April 2022