Firmament: Stellar Stitches for Your Next Adventure by Hunter Hammersen
From Hunter Hammersen:
Did you ever have such a good time with a project that you were a little sad when it was done? Well that’s exactly what happened with these hats! I had so much fun with the first one that I didn’t want to stop. So I knit another…then another…then one more, each using the same beautiful technique. Even after all that, I still wasn’t ready to be done.
So I did the only reasonable thing. I brought the hat patterns that started my obsession, an introduction to the technique they share, and variations on each of the pattern stitches together to create the little collection you’re holding now.
It’s part pattern book, part technique book, and part stitch dictionary. With it as your guide, you’ll be able to make these amazing hats (plus matching cowls), explore the stitch variations included here, or design amazing stitches of your own.
I suspect you’re going to have just as much fun as I did!
Inside, you will find
- Four hat patterns, each written in at least five sizes and four gauges to fit a huge range of people and work with most any weight of yarn
- Instructions on how to create these stitches and how to start experimenting with designing your own versions of them
- A mini stitch dictionary with alternate versions of the stitches used in the hats
- All the info you need to turn any of the hat patterns into cowl patterns
- A quick guide to everything I wish you knew about hats
- A quick primer on reading charts